Summer is almost here! The days are getting longer and warmer. Soon, school will be out and the kids will be home. Still trying to plan a last minute summer getaway? Take our quiz to find out your ultimate summer vacation destination!
Take our quiz to discover your ultimate summer getaway destination!
Whether you’re planning a big summer vacation getaway, a tropical adventure, or just kicking it by the pool, it’s time to have an Aosom summer! Here are our best tips for making your summer not a bummer:
Summer Activities to Keep You Cool
- Catch up on some reading! Libraries usually host story time and summer reading programs for kids, and always have great air conditioning!
- Take a road trip! Day trips count too. Hit the lake or the beach, or go explore a nearby town. Getting away for the day can be a mini-vacation if you’re too busy for a longer trip.
- Get wet! Go swimming at the community pool or the river, run through the sprinkler, have a water balloon fight. Squirt guns and water balloons are available at the Dollar Store.
- Have a cold snack! Eat that ice cream, shaved ice, or fro-yo. Make an afternoon of it by walking to the ice cream shop for that sweet treat.
- Watch a summer movie! Beat the heat by staying inside during the hottest part of the day, watching a movie with the shades drawn- or hit the theater for matinee prices and soak up that sweet, sweet AC. If you’re lucky enough to have a local drive-in movie theater, make sure to take advantage of that on warm summer nights.
- Have a backyard BBQ! Spend time with family and friends. Check out our Pinterest board for ideas to host a killer backyard party.
- Make something! If you’ve got free time this summer, start an art project, grow a garden, bake some zucchini bread (and FedEx it to me). Check out our Ultimate Gardening Checklist blog for ideas on how to start your summer garden.
- Hit up some yard sales! Summer is prime yard sale season. Drive around the neighborhood, or look for local events where cities host a yard sale day for all residents.
- Go camping! Summer is the best time to camp. Hit up a nearby National Park, or just have a campout in your backyard with the kids. Don’t forget the marshmallows for s’mores!
Have an Aosom Summer Vacation!
Don’t let summer fun pass you by. Get out and enjoy the long days and warm nights! Be sure to tag us on Instagram @aosomdecor in your summer vacation photos for a chance to be featured in our story!